Saturday, September 09, 2006

Ol' Boy has a girl!! What??

I've been pretty busy, lately. Work has been HECTIC!! So, I haven't had much time to blog throughout the day, and using the computer at home in the evening after sitting at a computer ALL day- does NOT appeal to me.
I talked to KV, Mik's sister earlier this week. She was asking me if I had gotten the pix from the wedding developed and we were laughing about some of the funny stuff that had happened over that weekend. She said that every time she showed people the pix of me & ole' Boy - they were askin' how long we have been together and commenting that we look really nice together.
I wasn't shocked, because I've gotten a similar response from the few people that have seen the pix of he and I together. I've separated them from the rest of the group to avoid having to answer questions like "who is that that you're all hugged up with?" and "Why is he kissing you on your forehead?". Until things are finalized (one way or another) with exBF- I'm not flashin' those pix all over the place.
Anyway, KV was askin' had I talked to ole' Boy since that weekend and I told her that I had talked to him a few times - which is only half true. I HAVE talked to him a few times... a week. But she doesn't need to know all of that.
Then she said "I wonder why he can't just get let go". I'm like let go of what? He's my friend, I think he's sweet. She says he needs to get rid of his "live-in" so that he and I can get together.....
Live-In???? Huh?? I didn't say anything, but that comment caught me off guard. When ole' Boy and I met, YEARS ago, he ws dating'/living' with this chick. I had asked him about her and he kept saying that she is nothing to worry about. After a while, I stopped askin' cuz I NEVER could a straight answer & I still had a man, so it wasn't the end of the world.
Now I made 2 assumptions.
1. I assume that this is the same chick from back in the day, cuz who just keeps on moving in w/ everybody that they date??
2. I assumed that she was no longer in the picture.... Not b/c he said anything to lead to believe that this was the case, but b/c I didn't ask and no one ever mentioned her (including him!!!)

Okay, so although I didn't really have a right to be mad- I was!! It took EXTRA effort for me NOT to call him, cuz I knew that if I called - I was gonna start arguing with him. lol - right or wrong, I know me. I was also hoping, for his sake, that he did NOT call me that night. I don't know if I would have been able to hold my tongue.
Luckily for him, he didn't call, but he did text me after I had already fallen asleep. I responded the following morning.
The following night he texted me a few times and then he called. I had already discussed the new development (the live-in) with my girl, Tre, so I felt better and not so much like cussin' him out. :-D
I had told him about so many people sayin' how nice we looked together and that I was going to send him the pictures, but he probably wouldn't receive them - referencing some other pictures that I had sent to him, years ago "that he never got". -now I KNOW why.
He didn't even respond to my comments - probably for the best...
However he did ask if I wanted to go to some family event that his Mom is having in a couple weeks - the same weekend that I'll be visiting Raleigh. Huh?? I told him I would have to think about it.
After thinking it over the following day, I decided that that would just be too crazy. I know a lot of his family and I don't feel like answering a million questions about what's going on with us. It wouldn't be enough to say that I just so happened to be in town for the weekend and he invited me - which is actually the truth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Don't let other peoples opinions get to you. Don't worry about what his family thinks. If that's the only reason you're not going to his family function, then go. People are going to talk regardless. You can either let it get to you, or ignore it and enjoy yourself. The choice is yours.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

ON: I agree with you, but I just don't want to be uncomfortable. A lot of his family is pushing for us to get together and I think me being there would be uncomfortable for me.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Shug said...

Girl, that's that bullshit! That's why I don't take guys seriously now. I so feel you on this one. I'm at the point where I don't make assumptions about people anymore and I just come out and ask them if they have a girl or whatever and if their response is kinda funny, I know where we stand.

If you don't feel comfortable going to the family function, I say don't go. That would be a really weird situation to be in and who's to say that it won't get back to his "live in" that he brought you to kick it with his family?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

SHUG: Why does shit have to be so complicated?? I'm starting to think that I'm the one that's really complicating many of the situations that I have found myself in recently. If the most recent Ex had gotten his shit together -over the last SEVERAL months- when I had asked him to, things would be MUCH diffreent. For 3 stinkin' YEARS, I had cut off damn near all contact w/ Ol' Boy, cuz things were going so well w/ exBF (formerly known as BF).
Then I got lonely & Ol' Boy was still comin' around cuz he knew we were both gonna be in the wedding... Now it's just a big old clusterfuck!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger sweetness said...

the drama never ends. go with ur gut feelins. be wise and sensible with ur moves. don't wear ur heart on ur sleeves and know there is someone special out there for u.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

SWEET: The drama NEVER ends?? Damn!!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home