Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Me - 101

I've seen this on several blogs and I think it's a great idea. I enjoy reading them and thought it would be introspective for me to do my very own 101 things about me list. Soooo, here goes:

  1. I was born and raised in Detroit
  2. Detroit is always near and dear to my heart.
  3. I enjoy watching Football (Lions - although they suck) & Basketball (go Pistons!!)
  4. I love to dance and will dance all night regardless what the DJ is playing
  5. Most of my good friends are people that I have known since childhood
  6. I love to travel and have been to a number of different places, including: London, Paris, Madrid, Puerto Rico & Holland
  7. My views on love have changed drastically since last year.
  8. I love talking on the phone.
  9. I love my DVR and I always record: House, America's Next Top Model, Monk & ER
  10. My favorite song is I Tried (Anthony Hamilton)- I feel as though it was written from me to BF.
  11. I keep in touch with most of my Ex-boyfriends, except for the last one that I dated for 7 years. If I ever see/talk to him again, it will be too soon.
  12. I sleep butt-ball-ass NAKED.
  13. I have been in love 4 times.
  14. I started keeping a journal in the 3rd grade and kept it up well into college.
  15. I have become addicted to blogging.
  16. I lost my virginity at 15 (Awww.... JP...)
  17. I had my first orgasm at 17 (Yeah Chuck!!)
  18. I subscribe to Essence and Self magazines
  19. I watch CNN and the weather channel every morning while getting ready for work.
  20. I do not have enough fingers to count my past sexual partners
  21. My Father has been married for 30 years, I am 30 years old - he and my mother were never married.
  22. I need to lose 20 lbs.
  23. I am the manager of a staff of five employees
  24. I have a cat named Gypsey that I found as a stray when I was 16.
  25. My favorite position is ME ON TOP. (control freak??)
  26. I have several adult toys.
  27. I prefer the ones that two people can use at the same time.
  28. I believe that sex is about connecting with another person ... not just physically.
  29. In another lifetime, I had a few one night stands.
  30. I can't bowl worth a damn.
  31. The saddest movie that I have ever seen was Hotel Rwanda.
  32. I believe in supernatural entities.
  33. I believe that EVERYthing happens for a reason.
  34. I do not regularly attend church.
  35. I think white people are too damned nosey.
  36. I hate when people make general assumptions about black folx. lol
  37. I collect black art ... mostly prints.
  38. I hate that custom framing is so expensive.
  39. My favorite piece is a signed and numbered piece, titled Sabrina (artist=> James Denmark )
  40. I do not regret any decision that I have made.
  41. I try to learn from past decisions, both good and bad.
  42. I wish my Father and I had a more open and honest relationship.
    I think that if I ever started telling him how I feel about some of the things that weigh heavenly on my mind, I may never be able to stop being angry.
  43. I love my God Daughter very much.
  44. I don't mind washing clothes, but I hate to fold them.
  45. Weed was the extent of my illegal drug use.
  46. I took my first drink of alcohol at the age of 15. ...it was Cisco (AKA crack water) and I got drunk off my ass.
  47. I wish that I could speak Spanish, fluently- or at all, for that matter.
  48. I can't live without my Ipod.
  49. I have almost 800 songs, thus far.
  50. I only use Dental Care baking soda tooth paste. =>Otherwise my teeth don't feel clean.
  51. I have used Noxema everyday ... twice a day- since I was 15.
    I am a member of a book club.
  52. I started reading because one of my childhood best friends used to read all the time. She was the smartest person I knew. ;-)
  53. I can never get in the bed early enough.
  54. I never want to get out of the in the morning.
  55. I just tried grapefruit and cottage cheese for the very first time a couple weeks ago. I like them both.
  56. The rings on my cell phone are: Be Without You (Mary J. Blige), So Sick (?), Beautiful, Loved & Blessed (Prince)
  57. I am Beautiful, loved & blessed
  58. I enjoy my job more days than not.
  59. I often feel overwhelmed at work, which causes me to cuss a lot.
  60. I enjoy cussing a lot.
  61. I don't cuss nearly as much as I used to.
  62. I used to be crazy.
  63. I hit one of my Ex-boyfriends with a car. Lol
  64. He deserved it.
  65. When I was young (& dumb), I thought I would ALWAYS love JP.
  66. I no longer love JP.
  67. I used to sing Used To Love Him (Lauryn Hill) about JP.
  68. It helped me get over him. Whenever I hear it, I still sing it - about him...
  69. I miss having good girlfriends that live close to me.
  70. I have driven a Nascar on the Richmond International Speedway.
  71. I am not a racing fan.
  72. I used to own a table-top Ms. PacMan game.
  73. My banana pudding is the bomb.
  74. I listen to the Tom Joyner show on the way to work every morning.
  75. I eat dry.Cheerios as a snack almost everyday.
  76. BF has no idea how lonely I've been, lately.
  77. I have been known to drink 8 shots of Tequila in one night.
  78. I am impressed by the strong women in and my family and aspire to be like them.
  79. I don't want to have to be strong all the time.
  80. I collect elephants, and ceramic dolls.
  81. I seriously considered being a stripper while I was in college.
  82. I learned some handy little trips while hanging around the strip club.
  83. I still use some of those tricks.
  84. I used to still my Mother's car and go joy-riding with my friends.
  85. I’m lucky that she never caught me or I would not be blogging about it today.
  86. I vacuum everyday.
  87. My brass bed in my guest room is the bed that my Mom had when she was a little girl.
  88. My Mom is the fairest, most down to earth person that I know.
  89. I have 2 tattoos.
  90. I am considering getting another one, soon... An Ankh on my lower back.
  91. Alcoholism runs in my family.
  92. I think community service is very important.
  93. I feel guilty that I don't make more time to join my sorority in community projects.
  94. I think it is very important to give blood.
  95. I give every 56 days.
  96. The worst movie that I have every seen was Black Knight.
  97. I am very sarcastic.
  98. I think that I am hilarious.
  99. I take Vitamin E, Acidopholous,multi-vitamins multivitamin everyday.
  100. I love life.
  101. I thank God for the gift of life and love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Like you, I love reading these. Helps you get some kind of connection with the person who wrote it. Glad to see we have some things in common (15, 20, 22, 28, 29, 41, 45,47,48, & 53). Although this is my first time visiting, it will not be my last.

BTW, thanks for visiting my spot. If you get a chance, feel free to go back and read my 101.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

LOL @ crack water, fortunately I never experienced Cisco, the closet I got was 211, Steel Reserve, ewww...*lol*

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

@WIll: Of all the things on this list, the banana pudding is what got you?? LOL The key to a man's heart is actually through his stomach???

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home